Saturday, February 15, 2020
For more information, click HERE
All high school students who've submitted a fall 2020 admission application are encouraged to apply for scholarships and awards. Students don't need to be offered admission to apply for scholarships or awards.
- Competitive High School Awards and Bursaries (Application required) Deadline: March 1, 2019
- Multiple awards and bursaries available; valued at $500 to $8,500
- Automatic Entrance Awards (no application required)
Deadline: Apply for admission by March 1, 2019
- President’s Admission Scholarship – applicants whose admission average is 95 per cent or higher will receive $5,000
- International Baccalaureate awards – 20 awards valued at $3,500 each for students entering UCalgary who've completed the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program with a minimum score of 35
- Click HERE for more information.
We want to make sure students apply! They'll learn how they can take advantage of our scholarship program throughout their time at UNB.
Our entrance scholarship application covers the majority of our scholarships – but some of our awards require an additional application (Canadian students). We will give tips on how to ace all of these.
We will be doing a Q&A at the end the session.
- We will be doing a Q&A at the end the session.
The creative technologies program offers a variety of courses from the areas of fine arts, computer science, engineering, and new media. This program encourages collaboration, experimentation and lateral thinking. Imagination and innovation are combined in the ever-changing technological landscape. Whether the student is interested in graphics, intermedia, sound art, software design, film production, interactive gadgets or anything else under the broad umbrella of technologies, this program will be a great fit! Students will be able to tailor this program completely to their interests. Find out more here.
Calgary Admission on the Spot - March 5, 2020
Map Life Preview - March 12 & 13, 2020
Science Sneak Peek - March 14, 2020
Engineering Sneak Peek - April 4, 2020
Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 5:00 - 7:00 PM
Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 5:00 - 7:00 PM
Thursday, March 5, 2020 - 5:00 - 7:00 PM
Monday, March 9, 2020 - 5:00 - 7:00 PM
These Entrance 2020 Award Application Workshops are located in the Dr John Archer Library, Regina Room (LY 107.32). Parking on campus is free after 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 5:00 - 6:30 PM
Thursday, March 5, 2020 - 5:00 - 6:30 PM
These Entrance 2020 Award Application Workshops will be located in Saskatoon in the Concourse Building (116 Research Drive, UofR Social Work Saskatoon Campus), Room 111.
Agrology is the application of science to agriculture, bioresources, food and the environment by professionals. The profession of agrology addresses many of today's critical issues in production agriculture, food safety and environmental quality.
We ask that you kindly share the following scholarship information with the high schools located in your school division.
The Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists (SIA) offers six $1,000 scholarships for Grade 12 high school students entering a post-secondary program related to agrology.
- One recipient from each of our six SIA Branches will be chosen:
- SIA Northeast Branch Scholarship
- SIA Northwest Branch Scholarship
- SIA Regina Branch Greg Mitschke Memorial Scholarship
- SIA Saskatoon Branch Scholarship
- SIA Southwest Branch Scholarship
- SIA Yorkton Branch Lindsay Boyes Memorial Scholarship
The scholarships are for Grade 12 high school students entering a career in agrology.
- Presently a Grade 12 high school student, graduating in June 2020.
- Have plans to enroll as a first year full-time student in the fall of 2020 in an agrology related post-secondary program that meets the eligibility requirements to apply for registration with the SIA after graduation.
- Must not be an immediate family member of a current SIA Provincial Councillor or Branch Executive member.
Wednesday, January 08, 2020
Important admissions deadlines approaching
February 15 is the deadline to apply for admission for the 2020 Fall Term (September) for:
- Agriculture and Bioresources
- Combined Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology/Bachelor of Education
Competitive Entrance Awards
Competitive Entrance Awards include numerous scholarships and bursaries that can be accessed by students with diverse experiences. All entering students are encouraged to apply. These awards are valued between $500 - $32,000.
Apply for admission by: Feb 15
Apply for awards and submit supplemental items like transcripts by: March 1
Residence guaranteed placement
Students entering their first year of studies at USask will receive guaranteed placement at Voyageur Place Residence if they apply for Residence before January 31, 2020.
Thursday, December 12, 2019
This fall, the Schulich School of Engineering is again offering up to 50 entrance scholarships valued at $4,000 each. The Diversity Champions in Engineering Awards will support students who have overcome barriers while pursuing their education, those who have worked to promote inclusion in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM), and those who have ideas for how to make our school and profession more inclusive. All applicants to first-year engineering are eligible to apply for the awards.
According to Engineers Canada, only one per cent of undergraduate students in Canadian engineering programs identified as Indigenous Peoples, and only 20.7 per cent as female in 2016. Women account for only 12.8 per cent of the practicing profession of engineering in Canada.
It is critical we continue to bring together a variety of perspectives within engineering for the profession to thrive.
Students who would benefit from these awards, encourages to apply for engineering at the University of Calgary and complete this brief award application. If they send it to us at email@example.com by January 9, 2020 they will be eligible for consideration.
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Wednesday, November 06, 2019
Monday, November 04, 2019
Spend-A-Day at our Biggar Campus is coming up on Monday, November 18, 2019. This is a day for students to spend the day in the classroom of a program that they are interested in. This day will include a tour, hands on activities, program information prizes and lunch!
Programs available at our Biggar Campus:
- Continuing Care Assistant
- Practical Nursing